March 15, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (3)


Hello!

It's time for another Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week's topic is:  Top Ten Characters I'd Want As Family Members!
I was very, very excited for this one.

1.  From Harry Potter:  Harry Potter as my husband.
Everyone who knows me knows how much I love everything Harry Potter, so this really shouldn't come as a surprise.

2.  From Harry Potter:  Hermione Granger as my sister.
Sister, best friend, it can be the same thing, right?  I know she's a know-it-all, but she's loyal and fierce.  I wanted to be her best friend the entire time I was reading Harry Potter.

3.  From Harry Potter:  Minerva McGonagall as my aunt.
I loved her before she kicked butt in Deathly Hallows.  She was wise, and her feud with Umbridge was hilarious.  Professor McGonagall always put the students first, even if it meant bending the rules a little.  She had a good heart.

4.  From Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series:  Antonio Sorrentino as my uncle.
Antonio would be the perfect uncle.  Hands down.  He's a big ball of fun.  I laugh when reading about him.  However, he knows when to act like an adult.  His personality is the perfect balance.

5.  From Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels:  Stephanie Plum as my cousin.
Stephanie Plum gets sucked into the most ridiculous situations, and so far she's come out alive. She's a hilarious character, and I wouldn't be able to take her seriously if she were my aunt or mother.  Plus, I would love to eat a meal at her mother's house.

6.  From Holly Black's Curse Workers series:  Cassel Sharpe as my cousin.
As much as I don't want to be related to Cassel I still want to be there for him.  He has enough on his plate with Lila and his family, and I just want to give him a hug.

7. From Sheree Fitch's Pluto's Ghost: Jake Upshore as my godfather.
Now, I need to explain this one. In the novel Jake is 17/18. I don't want his teenage self to be my godfather. Jake is an amazing character, and as he grows up he's going to learn and get a handle on his life. I want someone I look up to to have that life experience.

8.  From Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games trilogy:  Finnick as my uncle.
You can love Peeta.  You can love Gale.  But now matter what, you love Finnick.  Finnick was resourceful, kind, charming, and tortured.  He would give incredible advice.

9.  From Beth Revis' Across The Universe:  Amy as my sister.
Amy could not have been more relatable.  I saw pieces of myself in her character.

10. From Sarah Dessen's Just Listen: Owen Armstrong as my cousin.
Owen was a angry misunderstood character. He had an expansive collection of music which suits me. I felt like we all had a little bit of Owen in us.

Who would you choose?

Love,
Terri

PS: Did YOU see today's Glee?

Song of the day: Who Says by Selena Gomez

No comments:

Post a Comment