March 27, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (7)

Spring Fever:  Top Ten Books I'd Play Hooky With



1.  Insurgent by Veronica Roth, because OMG INSURGENT.
2.  City of Lost Souls, which I don't have, but I love taking a day just to read the newest Cassandra Clare when it comes out.  CoLS is released in May, which is spring, so it fits into this list perfectly.
3.  Black Heart by Holly Black, because I loved White Cat and Red Glove.
4.  Shine by Jeri Smith-Ready, because I really want to know what happens.
5.  Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore, because I was so excited for it after I read The Splendor Falls, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

6.  The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, because of everyone else's reactions.
7.  Frostbitten by Kelley Armstrong  because a day spent reading a book by Kelley Armstrong is a good day.
8.  The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann, because I usually don’t pay attention to the world when I’m in the middle of a Lisa Mcmann novel.
9.  Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins, because of my love for Anna and the French Kiss.  (If you want to here me gush about Anna click here).  Gosh, I’m so behind on my reading.
10.  Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris, because I’ve read most of the Sookie Stackhouse novels in less than 24 hours.  (One book per day.  I’ve never read more than two books in a day).

It should be said that I prefer to wait until I have a free day before I read the newest novel by:  Cassandra Clare, Kelley Armstrong, Becca Fitzpatrick, Kami Garcia, and Margaret Stohl.
Now, I'm excited for all of these books coming out in the fall.  That was not the point of this.  Oh well, I'm going to read an amazing book tomorrow, so I'm ridiculously happy (and cannot spell).
I decided to use books I haven't read yet for this post, but I could easily do the opposite.  For example:  I, highly, recommend reading The Hunger Games trilogy over a long weekend.  (No, I have not seen the movie yet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment